Travel and Lifestyle

Travel Scientist: Hawaii











             
In 2015 I quit my 9-5 job, gave all my"stuff" away, and moved to Hawaii! I was fed up with the rat race and was in despite need to run free! The Universe gifted me with a contract job in Molokai, Hawaii over 4,500 miles away!



Molokai, also known as the Friendly Isle, is one of 8 Hawaiian islands in the central Pacific. On the island's Kalaupapa Peninsula is a steep path leading to Kalaupapa National Historical Park, an isolated former leper colony below the towering cliffs.  Nearby, the park's Phallic Rock is said to have fertility powers. Molokai is a magical untouched paradise with only one street light and average 7500 inhabitants. I lived on Molokai for nine months and it was one of the most amazing experience of my life.





Hike to Kalaupapa Lepers Colony



Halawa Valley on the East side of the Island

Public Transportation to Oahu, Kauai, and Maui!




Aloha Festival





Aloha Yoga overlooking the Pacific





Murphy's Beach (East side of Island). On a clear day you can look across the ocean and see the Island of Lanai.







Sunset at Papohaku Beach Park (West side of Island)



I spent a lot of time hiking with new new friends!



Kalaupapa Valley (Lepers Colony)



Spending time with co-workers/friends  at Kanemitsu in the town of Kaunakakai.



Kalaupapa Lookout and Phallic Rock

Day 1: Molokai Airport




Molokai General Hospital where I worked as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist! So much love in this place!



You can't visit Molokai without tasting the famous Molokai Hot Bread! ONO (good)!



After work hangout at The Wharf!



Share:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Blogger Template Created by pipdig